Now Comes Lulu
The CdN steam locomotive, road number 36, was in use until 1956. Then it was set up as a monument in the parking lot of the station at Saint-Brieuc (Côtes-d´Armor). In 1971, a 24-year old young man noticed it, when he took the train to Brittany. After setbacks, disappointments, and various administrative hurdles, the members of the MTVS were finally able to acquire the locomotive. Its nickname was "Lulu" thanks to a dove, which had nested in it during intermediate storage of the locomotive in Seine-et-Marne at the AJECTA. In 1990, road number 36 was placed under monument protection and finally pulled the first museum trains at the MTVS starting in 1997 after 6,000 hours of labor for a complete restoration. In the meantime it has run as "Train à vapeur du Beauvaisis" on the new MTVS museum line between Crevecœur-le-Grand and Rotangy.