The Ge 4/4 II 629 as an Advertising Medium for the New Construction of the Albula Tunnel. Since 2008, the 5,864 meter / 3.66 mile long Albula Tunnel on the route Chur – Thusis – St. Moritz has been part of the UNESCO World Heritage "Rhaetian Railroad in the Albula / Bernina Region." It was placed into operation in 1903 and is now in poor condition. The planning of the new tunnel had to take extensive account of the importance of monument preservation with respect to all changes in the appearance of both the surface landscaping and the facilities. After the new Albula Tunnel II, which runs parallel to the old tunnel, is placed into service, the existing tunnel will be taken out of operation and converted to a safety tunnel.