|Kind||Powered Rail Cars|
This is a model of the class T 25 Wismar rail bus for the Sylt Island Railroad. It has a prototypical paint and lettering scheme. Design differences specific to this type have been translated on the model, such as the Borgward hood instead of the original Ford hood on one side, the rearview mirror or the removed shock absorbers and bicycle baskets. The model has a powerful Bühler motor driving both wheel sets. It also has a digital decoder with sound and different light functions. The model has complete interior details and digitally controlled interior lighting. The doors can be opened. The model has digitally controlled headlights that change over with the direction of travel. Length over the buffers 45 cm / 17-3/4".
Sylt VG Wismar T 25 Rail Bus In 1928, the state office in Hannover for short line railroads developed suggestions for long-term improvement of passenger service on short line railroads in order to replace the uneconomical and badly overburdened passenger trains hauled by steam locomotives. A lightweight powered rail car was required with low procurement costs, simple, inexpensive maintenance by using mass-produced truck parts, low operating costs, and one-man operation as well as use in both directions without the need to turn the unit. The problem of a sturdy and cost-effective drive system was solved resourcefully and affordably: A mass-produced truck motor with gear drive from Ford was simply used at both ends of the car, including all of the accessories such as the tank, universal shaft, motor hood, brakes, etc. The firm Waggonfabrik Wismar thus built such a rail bus with lightweight construction methods and the total weight of the car could be kept at six metric tons. The airbase commandant List on the Isle of Sylt also purchased such a Hannover-E design Wismar rail bus. Starting on November 25, 1935, it was used as the class T 13 to transport material and personnel on the narrow gauge Isle of Sylt Railroad (1,000 mm / 39 inches) to the armed forces support points. The narrow gauge powered rail car had a wheelbase of 3.5 meters / 11 feet 6 inches, 20 upholstered seats, and 16 fold-over seats. A coupling drawbar hanging under the hood served to haul a trailer unit. In 1949, the T 13 was acquired in addition to other units by the Isle of Sylt Railroad that was absorbed into the Sylt Transportation, Inc. (SVG) in 1954. There this rail bus was given the designation T 25. Several years later one of the two Ford motors had to be replaced by a Borgward motor with a corresponding Borgward hood. The T 25 was thus given its last characteristic look. The T 25 often ran in conjunction with the Wismar T 22 that came originally from airbase commandant Hörnum on Sylt. The T 25 had already been put into storage before operations ceased on the Isle of Sylt Railroad on December 29, 1970. The railroad was sold to the German Railroad Association (DEV) in 1969. There it was used as a source of spare parts for the restoration of the association's T 41 (former Steinhude Moor Railroad). The remainder of the T 25 was scrapped in 1969 at the Bremen-Seebaldsbrück maintenance facility.